Underwater Big Head Dog @ Hopkins Island, South Australia
A very close encounter with a curious Australian sea lion who looked into the lens dome of my underwater camera. I used a full circular fisheye lens to achieve this dramatic and funny effect, though the hardest part is to approach the subject as close as possible.
Australian sea lions (Neophoca cinerea) are part of a group known as ‘eared’ seals. They are one of the rarest species in the world. The entire population is estimated at around 14,700. Of these, 85 percent live in South Australia and the other 15 percent in Western Australia.